Back to top
Sweet And Sour Indian Vegetable Stew
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Level: Easy
- Total: 40 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Inactive: 0 minutes
- 1 Small Head Cauliflower
- 3 Cups Butternut Squash
- 1 Small Eggplant
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Indian Curry Paste
- 1 24oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 19oz Can Chickpeas
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- Cube Butternut Squash (1" Cubes)
- Coarsely Chop Onion
- Chop Cauliflower Into Small Florets
- Cube Eggplant (1" Cubes)
- Drain And Rinse Chickpeas
- Chop Cilantro
- Lightly oil a large pot and set over medium heat.
- When hot, add onion and saute until tender.
- Stir in curry paste, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, and vegetables.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add chickpeas for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.