Back to top
Black And Tan Irish Mac And Cheddar
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Level: Intermediate
- Total: 60 minutes
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Inactive: 0 minutes
- 6 Cups Water
- 24oz Lager Beef
- 16oz Rustic Shaped Pasta (Ziti)
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Half And Half
- 12oz Evaporated Milk
- 5 Tablespoons Lightly Salted Irish Butter
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Dry Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Stout Beer
- 3oz Smoked Gruyere
- 8oz Irish Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Crisp Cooked Bacon Crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- Shred Smoked Gruyere
- Shred Irish Cheddar
- Bring water and lager beer to a boil in a 4 1/2 quart saucepan over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium high heat bring milk, half and half, and evaporated milk to a boil, keep hot.
- In a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and stir in flour until it begins to color slightly.
- Whisk in hot milk, mustard, salt, cayenne, and stout, bring to a strong simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses until melted.
- Place remaining butter in a large saute pan over medium heat and stir in bread crumbs.
- Stir until golden brown, then add bacon crumbles.
- Place pasta into a serving dish and pour cheese sauce over pasta.
- Spread breadcrumb mixture over the top.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.