Back to top
Hummus With Herbed Pita Crisps
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Level: Easy
- Total: 25 minutes
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Inactive: 0 minutes
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Herbs (Chives, Parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, Cilantro)
- 4 Pitas
- 2 15oz Cans Chickpeas
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Bring Butter To Room Temperature
- Cut Pitas Into 8ths
- Drain Chickpeas, Reserve Juice
- In a food processor, combine drained chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and cumin.
- Pulse until smooth.
- With food processor running, add olive oil.
- Season with salt and puree until smooth.
- If mixture is too thick, add 2 tablespoons reserved chickpea juice.
- Preheat oven to 400^o F (205^o C).
- In a food processor, combine butter and herbs.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Spread herb butter onto pita slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.