Back to top
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Level: Easy
- Total: 15 minutes
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 0 minutes
- Inactive: 0 minutes
- 1 Pound Chickpeas
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 7 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Powdered Sumac (Optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Slow Cooker Chickpeas
- Place 7 cups water, chickpeas, and baking soda in a 2 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 to 9 hours, or until tender.
- Drain and serve/use immediately.
- Place chickpeas, garlic, and salt in a food processor.
- Process for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of food processor and process for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and water and process for 20 seconds.
- Add tahini and process for 20 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of food processor.
- With food processor running, drizzle in olive oil.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with sumac, if desired, and serve immediately.