Back to top
Grilled Salmon With Peach Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Level: Intermediate
- Total: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- Inactive: 0 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- 1/2 Serrano Pepper
- 4 Cups Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Peach Bourbon Liqueur
- Black Pepper
- 4 6oz Salmon Fillets
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- Wild Rice
- Dice Onion
- Mince Garlic
- Halve And Thinly Slice Serrano
- Peel, Pit, And Dice Peaches
- Skin Salmon Fillets
- Cook Wild Rice
Peach Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and serrano, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peaches and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the sauce until smooth.
- Strain sauce through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Discard solids.
- Stir bourbon into the barbecue sauce and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush salmon on all sides with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn salmon 45^o and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Flip salmon over and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, brush salmon with barbecue sauce.
- Serve salmon over wild rice.
- Coat with warm peach bourbon barbecue sauce.