Back to top
Strawberry Crumb Pie
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Level: Intermediate
- Total: 5 hours 10 minutes
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Inactive: 3 hours 20 minutes
- 1 Stick Butter
- 3oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Oatmeal
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Cups Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Grated Orange Zest
- Melt Butter And Cool Slightly
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add flour and salt, process just until mixture comes together to form a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor and shape into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and oatmeal in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Add melted butter and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Roll dough out to a thickness of 1/8 inch on a lightly floured surface.
- Fit dough into a 9 or 10 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Return pie crust to refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Blind bake until lightly golden, about 18 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 375° F (190° C).
- Add strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and corn starch to a mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Spoon strawberry filling into prepared pie crust and spread crumb topping evenly over the top of the filling.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour, or until filling is bubbly and crust and crumb topping are golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.