Back to top
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Level: Easy
- Total: 1 hour
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- Inactive: 0 minutes
- 8oz (2 Cups) Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2oz (1/2 Cup) Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 3oz (1 Cup) Sliced Almonds
- 1 1/2oz (1/2 Cup) Wheat Germ
- 6oz (1/2 Cup) Honey
- 1 3/4oz (1/4 Cup) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1oz Unsalted Butter (Plus Extra)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 1/2oz Dried Fruit
- Preheat oven to 350^o F (175^o C).
- Butter a 9" by 9" glass baking dish, using extra butter, and set aside.
- Spread oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and wheat germ onto a half-sheet pan.
- Place pan in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Cook until brown sugar has completely dissolved.
Combine And Bake
- When oat mixture is done, remove from oven and immediately add to liquid mixture, stir to combine.
- Add dried fruit, stir to combine.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F (150C).
- Pour mixture into 9" by 9" buttered glass baking dish.
- Press mixture down and evenly distribute it.
- Bake mixture for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.