Back to top
- Yield: 18 Servings
- Level: Intermediate
- Total: 3 hours 50 minutes
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Inactive: 3 hours
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fennel
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Corn Starch
- 6oz Italian Sausage
- 14oz Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Packs Wonton Wrappers (36 Each)
- 2 Cups Peanut Oil
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Chop Garlic
- Shred Mozzarella Cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage over medium heat until cooked.
- Add pizza seasoning, garlic, olive oil, and tomato paste, cook for 4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and mix in mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by placing wax paper on top and sprinkling corn starch lightly on top.
- Using water, wet a wonton wrapper around the edges.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle.
- Fold wonton wrapper over filling.
- Make sure all edges are sealed firmly and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled and stacked, keep separated.
- Sprinkle the top of the wonton wrappers with corn starch and cover with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Fill a large pot with 3 cups peanut oil and heat to 375° F (190° C).
- Fry 8 to 10 pizza rolls at a time, flipping constantly to make sure both sides brown evenly.
- Remove to wire rack to drain, let cool 2 to 3 minutes and serve hot.