Back to top
Roasted pineapple ginger chicken with cilantro cream sauce
Roasted Pineapple Ginger Chicken With Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Level: Intermediate
- Total: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Inactive: 15 minutes
- 4 Cups Pineapple Juice
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Small Red Chile Peppers
- 2 Cups Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Ginger Root
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 Pound Roasting Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger Root
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Pineapple Juice
- 6 Cups Jasmine Rice
- Chop Garlic
- Finely Chop Red Chile Peppers
- Chop Cilantro Leaves
- Peel And Chop Ginger Root
- Remove Giblets And Neck From Chicken
- Finely Chop Garlic
- Peel And Finely Chop Ginger
- Chop Cilantro Leaves
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix pineapple juice, garlic, red chile peppers, cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger root, cumin, and olive oil well in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to bowl, turn and baste several times.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, but no more than 24 hours, turning chicken and basting occasionally.
- Melt butter in large saute pan.
- Add garlic, ginger root, cilantro, and cumin.
- Saute for 4 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add whipping cream and cook until slightly reduced or sauce coats the back of the spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and pineapple juice.
- Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate, warm before serving.
Cook The Chicken
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in a roasting pan.
- Tuck wings under chicken and baste with marinade.
- Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 350° F (175° C).
- Roast chicken for an additional 50 minutes, basting occasionally, or until 180° F (° C) internally.
- Prepare jasmine rice according to package instructions during the last 30 minutes of roasting.
- Remove chicken from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice chicken and serve over a bed of jasmine rice.
- Drizzle cilantro cream sauce over chicken and rice.
- Serve immediately.